Friday 26 March 2010

Attack the Blog

...and about time too!

This will have to be an organic kind of post. Stuff has happened and I haven't found time to venture in here so I'll freestyle in no particular order and see how few hits I get this time.

Both Adam and Joe have had news flutters since my last post.

The most vigorous net activity was around Joe's film "Attack the Block" (I feel stupid, continually typing that name. We all know about this now, don't we?).

The trade papers finally published a release with quite a bit more info about the plot, casting and crew. The general stance is that principal photography started this week although we know that playground and night footage has been going for a wee while. I know it's going to test my willpower more than I would normally enjoy but I'm going to attempt to visit this film with my little brain in as vanilla a state as is possible. I'll post some links but I may not have read them through.

If you're genuinely interested in pre-absorbing every tiny detail about this film, you'll have the temerity to find the info yourselves. The production vehicles are in place and it's easy to find out where. If this isn't too pompous of me, I'd just ask that a modicum of respect for the originators is deployed if you have stumbled upon pictures and/or video from the set (or in one case a description of 'the aliens' that I really wish I hadn't read). Some have been removed but others are out there still. They're seen completely out of context and whilst pre-release buzz is an essential in the marketing of such a product, at this stage in the game, it's just silly and potentially hurtful.

So, the grown-up links I'm going to include are from Empire and Film4, whom along with the Film Council, I believe were the first to the filthy money table on this one but perhaps that was due to the delicate nature of negotiations between Big Talk and Optimum in the early stages. Ignore my laboured musings. What's that? You always do? You sod!

Now, Film4 originally popped their page up with a lovely, hardly used picture of Joe from the Sony's press line but I see they now capitulated to Twitter pressure and used a ECU of the same old bed-head picture everyone goes with from his agent's page. I'm going to risk breaking my self imposed netiquette (and possibly copyright) ruling to post the original picture here. Of course, I have previously gone on record in this very blog to say that the picture currently featured is stupidly sexy so I'm not complaining, just sayin'.

Of the more blog-based offerings, one of the first out of the blocks was this giving the bald facts from the trades. I'm guessing Slash Film have made their/his usual job of efficiently gathering all the good bits and giving a nice, geeky slant. All I dared do was glance at the page long enough to absorb and covet what I presume is the crew jacket design. I now have this saved in an ebay search :shameface: I'm also going to link this sweet little blog which carefully trawls the UK for casting news and gathers photos together. According to a tweet, this fella has a role too but not sure of what calibre. I may have seen Jodie Whittaker on stage more often than on the big and little screens so I'm completely confident that she's a great asset to the production. I nearly got sunstroke when I watched her one time.

The Playlist put a page together but they're a bit wobbly with their info as they're not UK based and they even mis-quoted themselves in the first line of this one but they're a sweet bunch of people. I'm amused to see the news also made it into Female First.

As I've said before, I'm trying to skip reading too much about additional plot info but I've been very impatient to know who would be lighting this so I'm happy that name was revealed in the first report. None of these additions have slothed their way onto the IMDB yet but Tom Townend is a very welcome bit of info.
Terry Notary updated the IMDB when he was cast as The Alien. He's primarily a stunt person and motion capture performer which has set all sorts of delicious neurons firing in my head but his inclusion does once again make me wonder if part of the works scheduled on this will take our beloved Cornballs over the big, magical ocean for a spell.

All I'm going to say now is that I hope Joe is surrounded by a team of people who aide, inspire and provide some kind of comfort zone for him. Directing must be so daunting when a hundred faces are staring at you, waiting for a conclusive and authoritative answer to endless questions. I hope any nerves he may have had will dissipate so that he can have enormous, corpse-inducing fun. Edited to add: It sounds as though he's doing OK so far as Jodie Whittaker is concerned.

The news from Adam Buxton is far more immediately gratifying. Not only do we have an air date of Easter Sunday for his Big Mix Tape show but it would seem he went ahead yesterday to make two more shows. This is heartwarming news for our ears and for the dear Buckles. He has also mentioned that he hopes to attend the get together tomorrow. You can read more about that here. Please make sure you've made your feelings about 6Music plain in all the right places. If you go to Portland Place tomorrow, make sure you have sensible shoes and a clean hankie.

So far, I've only found the odd, unofficial mention of this but Andrew Collins himself declared that he and his friend would not be covering the Adam and Joe Show on Easter Saturday because there would be a "Highlights" show. In a few hours, this page will confirm that and the Radio Times has it listed so I think we can say it's a done deal.

Just remember, the info mumbled in this blog is about as reliable as the so-called facts that Adam and Joe used to hurl at us from their radio show. This post will probably be most notable for it's omissions.

==================Fiddle Zone==================

From the wonderful Ben Mercer
(of Electric Proms/Sontum of Quolace Fame)


Last weekend there was a joyous moment in Trafalgar Square which was happily recorded by all and sundry.

and you'll find a fantastically speedy response to a Twitter request to apply the correct dubbing to one of the first to be uploaded.

If you're a fan of Robin Cooper, listen to these before the iPlayer kills them. I suppose you've already got the CD if you're a fan, so if you're a fan of laughing till you need an ventilator, listen to them.

Finally, check Edgar Wright's blog for Scott Pilgrim updates and if you can stand this level of excitement, the first teaser trailer is out there on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment